Technical Group on Data Quality and Transparency
The Technical Group on Data Quality and Transparency was established during the 2007-2013 programming cycle at the start of the OpenCoesione initiative with the goal of enhancing the quality of the data and other information concerning projects financed by the (national and European) cohesion policies monitored through the Unitary Monitoring System.
Section 4.2 of the 2014-2020 Partnership Agreement (PA) also calls for a Technical Group in the 2014-2020 programming cycle.
As a permanent technical structure, the Technical Group conducts periodic diagnostics of available information, looks closer at aspects of monitoring that are in need of uniform solutions, defines shared standards for the publication and reuse of data, promotes the dissemination of best practices, and supports initiatives aimed at effectively promoting cohesion policies based, in part, on the results of the monitoring process.
For the 2014-2020 cycle, the Technical Group will include representatives from:
- the Evaluation and Analysis Unit (Nucleo di valutazione e analisi per la programmazione - NUVAP) of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, which coordinates the OpenCoesione project
- the Inspectorate-General for Relationships with the European Union (IGRUE) of the State General Accounting Department (Ragioneria Generale dello Stato - RGS), which manages the Unitary Monitoring System
- the Agency for Territorial Cohesion, which is responsible for implementing cohesion policies in Italy and is the government body in charge of the ERDF in Italy
- the Ministry of Labour, which is the government body in charge of the ESF in Italy
- the Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policy, the government body in charge of the EAFRD and EMFF in Italy
- three Managing Authorities, which are in the process of being designated.
The ongoing data quality and transparency efforts of the Technical Group are conducted in close interaction with all government bodies involved in monitoring and publication through direct sharing mechanisms and the organisation of general thematic meetings and smaller group panels to deal with specific issues.
The main issues handled by the Technical Group are also highlighted on this page of the OpenCoesione website, and you can also write to email@example.com in order to report any anomalies in the data and other information published.
OPENCOESIONE TRANSPARENCY WEBSITE
- Note no. 927 of 26 April 2016 notifying of publication of information concerning funding opportunities, calls for tenders and the lists of projects and beneficiaries
- Note no. 2201 of 21 December 2015 providing technical details for the publication of information concerning funding opportunities, calls for tender and notices of competition, as well as the lists of projects and beneficiaries on the websites of the government bodies responsible for the development and cohesion policy programmes
2014-2020 MONITORING SYSTEM
- Single Data-Exchange Protocol (ver. 1.4 – November 2016)
- Validation Processes (ver. 1.0 – November 2016)
- Monitoring Guide (ver. 1.0 – December 2015)
Notes and Circulars
- Data validation schedule – RGS-IGRUE circular no. 33921 of 28 February 2017
- Operating note for the monitoring of projects related to Development Pacts – RGS-IGRUE circular no. 23387 of 9 February 2017
- Technical document for monitoring the National Strategy for Internal Areas - RGS-IGRUE Note no.81830 of 7 May 2018
- Technical document on the Performance Framework, RGS-IGRUE Note no.190020 of 6 August 2018
MONITORING OF PROJECTS SPANNING 2007-2013 AND 2014-2020 CYCLES
- Operating instructions for the monitoring of projects spanning two programming periods – RGS-IGRUE circular no. 61216 of 31 March 2017
2007-2013 MONITORING SYSTEM
Notes and Circulars
- Update to monitoring procedures for projects to be completed under 2007-2013 Programming – RGS-IGRUE circular no. 65355 of 3 August 2016
- Selection of retrospective projects – RGS-IGRUE circular no. 25636 of 10 April 2014
2014-2020 MONITORING AND CONTROL SUBCOMMITTEE
The Technical Group acts in close coordination with the Monitoring and Control Subcommittee of the 2014-2020 Partnership Agreement. Provided below is documentation on related work and meetings: